With crisp air, colorful foliage, and a cozy atmosphere, the Land of 10,000 Lakes is the perfect place to embrace the beauty of the season. Here are 10 fun fall activities to enjoy in Minnesota:
- Leaf Peeping: Minnesota is renowned for its breathtaking fall foliage. Grab your camera and embark on a scenic road trip to witness the vibrant hues of red, orange, and yellow. The North Shore of Lake Superior, the St. Croix River Valley, and the Minnesota River Valley are prime locations for leaf peeping.
- Apple Picking: Visit one of the many apple orchards scattered throughout the state. Whether you prefer sweet Honeycrisps or tart Granny Smiths, you can pick your own apples while enjoying the crisp autumn air. Check out Ferguson’s Orchards out in Jordan! Many orchards also offer delicious apple cider and freshly baked pies.
- Pumpkin Patch Adventures: Gather your family and head to a pumpkin patch for some classic fall fun. With free admission, you can visit Barten Pumpkins in New Prague. Search for the perfect pumpkin to carve into a jack-o’-lantern or use for homemade pumpkin pie. Many farms offer hayrides, corn mazes, and petting zoos for added entertainment.
- Corn Mazes: Navigate through intricate corn mazes that pop up in Minnesota during the fall season. Challenge your sense of direction while enjoying the outdoors. Twin Cities Maze is just the place to get lost in this fall. Some farms even offer haunted mazes for those seeking a spookier experience.
- Oktoberfest Celebrations: Minnesota’s rich German heritage comes alive during Oktoberfest celebrations. Enjoy traditional music, delicious food, and a wide selection of craft beers at various festivals throughout the state, including the Twin Cities and New Ulm and Ruttgers Bay Lake Resort in Deerwood.
- Fall Hiking: Explore the state’s diverse landscape by going for a fall hike. The Superior Hiking Trail, Itasca State Park, and Afton State Park are just a few of the stunning locations to witness the changing leaves and experience the tranquility of nature.
- Fall Festivals: Minnesota hosts a multitude of fall festivals, each with its unique charm. The Minnesota Renaissance Festival, Sever’s Fall Festival, and the Anoka Halloween Parade are a few notable events that offer entertainment for all ages.
- Scenic Drives: Hit the road and embark on a scenic drive to fully appreciate the beauty of Minnesota’s fall foliage. The Great River Road, Gunflint Trail, and North Shore Scenic Byway are excellent choices for breathtaking views.
- Bonfires and S’mores: Gather around a crackling bonfire as the temperatures drop. Roast marshmallows and make s’mores while sharing stories with friends and family. Many state parks provide designated fire pits for a cozy evening under the stars.
- Visit a Vineyard: Minnesota’s vineyards come alive in the fall, offering wine tastings amidst picturesque vineyards. Savor local wines while taking in the autumn scenery at wineries like Carlos Creek Winery in Alexandria or Cannon River Winery in Cannon Falls.
In Minnesota, fall isn’t just a season; it’s a magical experience waiting to be embraced. With these 10 fun fall activities, you can immerse yourself in the beauty, traditions, and flavors of autumn in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. So, grab your coziest sweater, a pumpkin spice latte, and make the most of this enchanting time of year in Minnesota.